Who would have picked the Steelers to be in last place and the Bengals in first?



… one person predicted this — and I did not believe it


During the summer when all of the prognosticators were making picks about the 2021 NFL season, some that they have already come to regret, one person close to me said this,


“Hughie, the Steelers are going to be in last place in the [AFC North] division.”


Actually, I was picking them to finish third, one spot ahead of the lowly Bengals. 


Nevertheless, here we are in the week after the bye, and there are the Steelers, mired in last place while the Bengals are in a tie for first with the Bengals. 


Not only that, the Bengals thrashed the Steelers 24-10 at Heinz Field earlier in the season. Pittsburgh could recover this week with a win over the Browns in Cleveland, especially if the Browns start Baker Mayfield instead of Case Keenum. 


However, for now, Ben Reedy, you are the man. You told me this. and I did not believe you. 


Now, about that meal that you owe me for my prediction about Aaron Rodgers. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Chet Beres, M.D., the quarterback who gave of himself to so many people: Some Lilly Raiders who will not be with us on Saturday

Why did Tennessee-Chattanooga hire trainer Tim Bream despite his role in the alcohol-induced death of Tim Piazza at a Penn State frat?

Remembering the toughest loss I ever experienced in approximately a quarter-century of coaching football. George Pasierb was a great coaching adversary.